Sri Konaseema Bhanoji Ramar’s College, Amalapuram popularly Known as “S K B R College” is premier Institution established In July 1951. Konaseema, also known as central delta is famous for Coconut groves, Banana orchards, and lush green paddy fields. Nature’s beauty is Manifested in several forms in this sprawling area having a long coastline. The Central Library which was established in 1952 has developed enormously and today one of the biggest libraries in the affiliated colleges of Andhra University with more than 70566 books of different titles.
The Founder Head Of The Department Sri P.V. Somayajulu Served The Institution For Only One Year (1951-1952). Then Sri D. Upendra Rao Took Over Charge As HOD.
OBJECTIVES OF THE LIBRARY
1. To help the readers to improve their knowledge.
2. To update the knowledge in various branches of learning.
3. To educate the students on contemporary Social, Economic, political and cultural aspects through the latest Journals, Periodicals, and Newspapers.
4. To acquire and disseminate information.
5. To install competitive Spirit among the student’s Community To Conform to the objective book to every reader and a reade.
Botany Department which is going to celebrate Golden Jubilee as separate department has got its roots in Bio-logy department at the budding stage.P.U.C. with Biology was started in our college in 1954. BSc with Botany, Zoology and Chemistry combination has been started in 1958 under the able guidance of Major . P.Gopala Rao.He steered the Botany Department for more than three decades with dedication and devotion.He worked hard for the uplift of the department along with other staff members.