DEPARTMENT OF HINDI BRIEF HISTORY AND PROFILE
Sree Konaseema Bhanoji Ramars College was established in the year 1951 with Sri PEDDADA RAMACHANDRA RAO as the founder principal and Head of the Department of English. In the year 1953, the college was upgraded into a First grade College and Degree classes for B.A. and B.Com. were introduced. . Sri Parupudi Venkata Rao, joined the Department of English as Tutor and was later elevated as Lecturer when he did his M.A.(English) from Nagapur University. When Degree courses were introduced Sri G.V.Krishna Rao, Sri P.D. Willson and Sri Gutala Krishna Murthy were appointed as Lecturers in English. In the year 1955, Sri Syamala Rao, who stood all-round first in the first batch and won the Chief Donor’s Gold Medal, was taken as a member of the staff by creating a post for him and was transferred to the English Department in 1957.Sri Syamala Rao was elevated as lecturer in English with his Post Graduate qualification and subsequently he became Reader and Head of the Department of English. After the sudden demise of Sri Wilson, who headed the Department of English Sri P Venkata Rao was promoted as Head of the Department.
Sri Gutala Krishna Murthy, who worked during 1956-59 left for Northern University, prosecuted his doctoral dissertation and finnaly left for London where he started a society and became very popular. He has attained International reputation. Sri B Symala Rao, who took his Ph. D in English acquired ELEVEN POST GRADUATE Degrees in different disciplines became a holder of LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS and CURRICULUM VITAE INTERNATIONAL, got the BEST TEACHER AWARD from the Government of Andhra Pradesh and served the institution as Principal for a very brief period.
Sri K.V.Rama Rao, a Gold Medalist from Andhra University, worked for a few years as Lecturer in English and later left for V.T. College Rajahmundry where he did his Ph, D. Sri Venkateswara Rao worked as Tutor and Lecturer in English and later left for B.V.K.College, Visakhapatnam where he did his Ph. D on Aurobindo’s works Sri R.Appala Swamy worked for a few years as Tutor in English and later left for Bobbili College.
In later years, Sri N.I.V.Prasad, Sri P.J.Wesley and Sri T.S.Rajesh, Sri P.S.Benerjee, Sri S. Kondala Rao, Sri K.M.V.L.Narsinga Rao, Miss D.Indirani and Miss P.Celestine were taken into fold of the English Department. Earlier two old students Sri B.Vyaghreswarudu who were appointed Tutors in English were promoted as Lecturers. Smt.B.Sarada was appointed as Lecturer in English. Smt Manjula, Smt P.Yajneswari, Smt.K.Pavani, Smt.A.Komali old students, and Smt.B.Prameela were taken into the English Department. Sri T.S.Rajesh is the Head of the Department in this college. Sri Benerjee is Head of the Department of English of Noble College, Machilipatnam. Smt. Sarada was retired as HOD Department of English in the year August 2012.
Five Aided Lecturers appointed in the year 2002. Among them one Lecturer named M.Soma Raju has been transferred to Ideal College, Kakinada, in the year 2014. At present 4 Aided Lecturers and 4 Ad-hac Lecturers are working in the Department.
Now Dr.S.N. MADDULETI is the Head of the Department of English, who studied M.A. at S.K. University ,Anantapuram. He has been awarded Ph.D degree in the month of June 2015, at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. He completed one Orientation Course, Two Refresher Courses, Two Articles Published in Social Vision 1) Corporal Punishment and Right to Education Act, 2) Situational Analysis of Street Children in Rajahmundry Town, East Godavari.